With the new (FREE) Island Assault Content Pack on its way, with a bunch of new content for Rising Storm and Red Orchestra 2, Jim Rossignol over at Rock Paper Shotgun got to play the new content early and has written up a preview – HERE.
And there is the first showing of a brand new TRAILER there as well, so go take a look!
With Rising Storm releasing tomorrow (Thursday, May 30, 2013) the game is now available for all those who have pre-purchased (as well as all those who currently own just RO2) to pre-load. This will allow you to download the game early and start playing as soon as servers update with the released version of the game tomorrow. The SDK will also be available for pre-load the same way, which is:
- Right-click on your current “Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad” install (or RO2 SDK install) in your Steam library.
- Select “Properties” – “Betas” tab.
- Use the “Select the Beta…” dropdown box – select “Preload”
- “Close” – and your current RO2 (or SDK) install will update with the new Rising Storm content.
Please note – we will be closing down the beta a few hours before the release of Rising Storm tomorrow.
Good luck, have fun, see you on the battlefield!
Well, everyone has wanted to know the release date – and now you do! This Thursday – May 30, 2013. Just 2 days to go – just 2 days of the 15% pre-purchase discount, so if you haven’t bought a copy yet, get in there and buy on the Steam Store Page!
As a little surprise, we’ve arranged for a little extra hand-out: everyone who owns Rising Storm should now get two Rising Storm Beta copies to Gift to a friend or two. So, if you’ve pre-purchased Rising Storm, you can now hand out these gift beta keys, so your friends have no excuse for not trying it out with you. You can always show them the joys of the Flamethrower and the Banzai Charge – “just come at me while I’m holding this Flamethrower…”. Go on – you know you want to!
To summarize: everyone who owns Rising Storm should now have a pair of Rising Storm Beta Keys to gift to friends. You may need to restart Steam to pick them up – then you can just Gift them to a couple of friends. Just remember – these are BETA keys – and they won’t stay around for long!
And if you haven’t already bought the game, head for the Steam Store page.
With the upcoming release of Rising Storm, the next game in Tripwire Interactive’s Red Orchestra franchise, we have released the full soundtrack album. You can find it, along with other soundtracks from our games, on Bandcamp: (http://tripwireinteractive.bandcamp.com/).
Rising Storm is currently available to pre-purchase on Steam - and is selling strongly, we’re happy to say! The pre-purchase gives you a 15% discount on the game and instant access to the current beta. Current owners of Red Orchestra 2 get an extra 25% discount.
Tripwire Interactive and the Rising Storm Team are delighted to announce the start of the pre-purchase period for Rising Storm, the next game in the award-winning Red Orchestra franchise. Rising Storm focuses on the island-hopping campaigns in the Pacific Theater of World War 2 and the brutal and intense combat between the US Army and Marine Corps forces and the Imperial Japanese Army. Naturally, there are benefits to pre-purchasing the game – a 15% discount and immediate access to the Rising Storm Beta! Head for the STEAM STORE PAGE!
- “Precision, authenticity and thick danger… making it so absurdly fun” - PC Gamer, May 2013
- “a tactical, intense, harrowing multiplayer experience like none other.” - OXCGN, May 2013
- “very accessible realism” - Gamespot, April 2013
Rising Storm is going to be available for pre-purchase very soon, via the Steam store page, with the Base version of the game at these prices: 19.99 USD/ 17.99 EUR/ 14.99 GBP/ 399 RUB.
You can also buy the Rising Storm Steam Digital Deluxe Edition, which adds the following extras:
- Day 1 Unlock of the US M12 Trench Shotgun, Japanese Type 99 LMG, Japanese Type 99 Sniper Rifle with 4X scope (level 2) and the US M1 Garand with bayonet (Level 2).
- 2 Rising Storm soldier playable characters for Killing Floor – Ricky Vegas and Hayako Tanaka.
- The Rising Storm and Red Orchestra 2 soundtracks.
- AND all the upgrades for the RO2 Digital Deluxe Edition (4 day 1 unlock weapons, 2 playable RO2 characters in KF, and 2 RO2 hats in TF2)
The Steam DDE is priced at 29.99 USD/ 24.99 EUR/ 19.99 GBP/ 499 RUB.
Discounts and specials:
- Pre-purchasing Rising Storm (Base or DDE) will grant immediate access to the Rising Storm Beta (note that experience earned in the Beta will NOT carry over to the released version).
- There will be a 15% discount off the pricing during the pre-purchase period
- All existing RO2 owners get an additional 25% discount off Rising Storm (Base or DDE; does NOT apply to a later upgrade from Base RS to DDE)
And last, but by no means least, all those early purchasers of RO2 who earned the “In B4 Reset” Achievement will get all the Day 1 unlocks for Rising Storm (4 weapons) PLUS a 2X multiplier on experience points earned during the first 2 weeks after release.
See you on the battlefield!
Just to give everyone a little more Rising Storm to think about, here is the latest map which will feature in the game: PELELIU. Set in September 1944, the US Marines need to force their way through the ruined airfield buildings in blistering heat, to take the iconic Japanese headquarters building (also featured in the HBO series, ‘The Pacific’) and beyond. The terrain is flat, hard sun-baked ground, scattered with ruined wooden buildings, the concrete HQ building itself and small hangars and storage buildings, providing elements of longer-ranged combat, as well as vicious close-quarters fights once the American forces can break into each fortified Japanese location.
Don’t forget: Rising Storm is the next game in the award-winning Red Orchestra franchise. For those who don’t know it, more information available on the Steam Store page – click HERE!
We’ve just let loose with the invitation beta for Rising Storm, the upcoming next game in the Red Orchestra franchise. A bunch of people have already been sent their keys – and there will be a bunch more heading out over the next day or so, through friendly websites. If you want to watch and get ready to grab a key, check these websites:
- PC Gamer
- PC Games N
- Gamereactor (you may have to guess which international site!)
- Igromania or VG247.ru – better watch both
- Mammoth/Ausgamers in Australia
- A few extra will slide out through Wewana Play as well.
Keep an eye out for these – and other locations over the next couple of days. Your chance for an early hands-on with Rising Storm. BANZAI!