Killing Floor 2 announced for PS4!
Tripwire Interactive is pleased to announce that the Co-Op Sci-Fi Horror FPS game KILLING FLOOR 2 is coming to the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system next year and marks the very first major console debut for a Tripwire title.
Check out the news on the PS Blog here!
We're super excited about the announcement and loads of news will be coming in the future. For now be sure and check out the new announce trailer and share with your friends!
Discuss in the Tripwire Forums --->HERE
Read the full press release below:
KILLING FLOOR 2 CONFIRMED FOR PLAYSTATION 4
For The First Time Ever Tripwire Interactive Unleashes the Zed Horde Upon Consoles as Sequel to Multi-Million Selling PC Franchise is Revealed at the PlayStation Experience Event
LAS VEGAS, NV (December 6, 2014) – Tripwire Interactive has announced that the Co-Op Sci-Fi Horror FPS game KILLING FLOOR 2 is coming to the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system next year and marks the very first major console debut for a Tripwire title. KILLING FLOOR 2 is the follow-up to the highly successful 2009 PC title, KILLING FLOOR. The terrifying Zeds are back, bigger, badder and bloodier than ever, in this upcoming sequel where players must survive the fallout of failed corporate experiments and the wreckage left behind. Armed with an array of deadly weapons, varying from pistols to rifles to shotguns and the versatile Katana – players can team up in co-op play to better their chances for survival, or for the bravest souls who think they can survive alone, solo play is also available. Delivering on the three essential pillars of the KILLING FLOOR franchise - Bullets, Blades and Blood - and introducing the visceral M.E.A.T. system, KILLING FLOOR 2 will deliver the most horrifyingly intense experience ever seen in a console game.
"As a fiercely independent developer we have always wanted to ensure that when we made the leap to consoles it would be on our terms," said John Gibson, Tripwire Interactive President. "We've been extremely impressed with Sony's openness and fairness when dealing with developers both large and small. We are ecstatic to announce that we're making a Fleshpound sized leap to console gaming by bringing KILLING FLOOR 2 to the PlayStation 4."
KILLING FLOOR 2 was revealed for the PlayStation®4 by Sony Computer Entertainment during the live keynote at the PlayStation Experience event in Las Vegas, Nevada this weekend. Promising to bring all of the hi-octane action from the critically acclaimed PC franchise, KILLING FLOOR 2 will deliver to PlayStation®4 gamers an experience unlike any other.
As a special bonus, Tripwire will be hosting a panel discussion taking place later today from 1:30PM PST to 2:30 PST, members of the Tripwire team will give audiences a first-hand look at the title, with no bloody bits held back!
Palazzo Room C/D, 4th Floor of the Sands Expo & Convention Center
201 Sands Avenue, Las Vegas, NV, 89169
[The Sands Expo is located between the convention hall and the main hotel/casino floor. Head towards the casino from the Sands Lobby and take the escalators up]
Fans will experience a bloody and chaotic nightmare when they find themselves in a ruined world, overrun and infested with deadly Zeds. Leveraging the power of the PlayStation®4, KILLING FLOOR 2 will transition to the console and truly showcase the realistic, detailed and gory features of the game.
Just one month after the conclusion of the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, in KILLING FLOOR 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union. The specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though... A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones on a do-or-die mission to exterminate them.
• Visceral Gore - KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
• 6 Player Co-Op or Solo Play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
• Terrifying Zeds - New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
• Unique Blend of Weaponry - From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
• Expanded Perk System - Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
• Brutal Melee Combat - KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds
KILLING FLOOR 2 is developed and published by Tripwire Interactive for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PC and SteamOS, and is slated for release in 2015. This title has not yet been rated by the ESRB, but Tripwire Interactive anticipates a rating of “M” for Mature.
Stay up-to-date with the latest KILLING FLOOR 2 news and information at www.killingfloor2.com. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive at any of these online channels: www.tripwireinteractive.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tripwireinteractive, Twitter at https://twitter.com/TripwireInt and on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/tripwireinteractive.
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software developer and publisher founded in 2005 by the award-winning mod team and winners of the 2004 edition of the “$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal” competition. Based in Roswell, Georgia the team released Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, to both critical and commercial success, garnering several awards including "Multiplayer Game of the Year" and "FPS of the Year". This was followed by the immensely popular Killing Floor, which went straight to the top of the best-seller list on Steam and has now sold over 2m units, making it one of the best-selling PC games of all time. Red Orchestra 2 was released in September 2011, to high praise and PC Gamer's award for "FPS of the Year (Multiplayer)" followed by Rising Storm in May 2013 ("one of the best military FPS games I’ve played" - IGN) which won PC Gamer's 2013 Multiplayer Game of the Year. Along with publishing other Indie titles, Tripwire Interactive continues to build a reputation for strong support for all their titles over a prolonged period of time. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive's website at www.tripwireinteractive.com.
Killing Floor 2 ©2014 by Tripwire Interactive. Killing Floor ©2009-2014 by Tripwire Interactive. Killing Floor© is a registered trademark of Tripwire Interactive in the USA and other countries. All rights reserved.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- Killing Floor: Incursion Available Now for PS VR!
- Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Round 2 Modding Contest Winners Announced
- Killing Floor: Incursion - PSVR Release Date Announced!
- Killing Floor 2: Infinite Onslaught Content Pack Available Now!
- Rising Storm 2 - Steam Daily Deal 50% off!
- Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Round 1 Modding Contest Winners Announced