Killing Floor 2 Available Now For Xbox One!
KILLING FLOOR 2’s Zed Horde Rampages Onto Xbox One
Tripwire Interactive’s Blockbuster Sci-Fi Horror FPS Arrives on Xbox One Today; Xbox One X Enhancements Scheduled for November Debut
ROSWELL, GA – August 29, 2017 – Tripwire Interactive, in collaboration with Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive, is pleased to announce that their hit co-op sci-fi horror FPS game, KILLING FLOOR 2, is available now globally for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, for $39.99 (US) /£ 34.99 (UK) /€39.99 (EU).
Check out the launch trailer here:
The sequel to the 5+ million unit selling PC game, Killing Floor, KILLING FLOOR 2 has already burned up the charts on the PC and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system platforms, and the much anticipated arrival on Xbox One brings with it the full original game and all post-release content, including the previously released content packs - The Tropical Bash, The Descent and elements of The Summer Sideshow. And special for Xbox One players, brand new timed exclusive content and support for Mixer, the next gen streaming service that offers viewers real-time influence and participation in live game streams. To celebrate the launch on Xbox One the teams have released a fun new KILLING FLOOR 2 Twitter experience that anyone can jump into. To participate, players can simply follow @KillingFloor on Twitter and send a direct message to the account in order to start their experience!
KILLING FLOOR 2 will also support new features that take advantage of the Xbox One X, due out this November. An update for Xbox One X owners will be available at the platform launch, and will include enhancements for 4k support, increased performance, high resolution textures, shadow maps and increased shadow-fade-out distance.
"We're excited to finally bring Killing Floor 2 to the Xbox One family of devices, including the Xbox One X this November," said David Hensley, Game Director at Tripwire Interactive. "Xbox has a rich history of dynamic FPS franchises and we're thrilled to bring our game to their platform."
• Xbox One *Exclusive Content and Mixer support - Spray zeds with liquid nitrogen and shatter them to pieces with the Freezethrower, an Xbox One exclusive weapon for the Survivalist Perk. The Freezethrower comes with eight weapon skins to customize your weapon’s appearance. Also, you can sport the Wasteland Armor uniform, an Xbox One exclusive cosmetic outfit, with five different styles. KILLING FLOOR 2 includes all previously released content packs including The Tropical Bash and The Descent and elements of The Summer Sideshow including the Tragic Kingdom map, Weekly Outbreak Game Mode and 2 new weapons (HZ12 Shotgun & Centerfire Lever Action Rifle).
• Survival Game Mode: Play Solo or Co-op with Up to 6 Players— In this game mode, up to six players team up against hordes of murderous AI controlled Zeds, ranging from the lowly clot to the massive fleshpound, through multiple waves of fire, blood, and gunfire. Each Zed killed earns players Dosh, which can be spent on weapon upgrades, ammo, and armor to keep the Zeds from ripping your guts out. Players who survive will face the boss behind the Zed outbreak and hopefully end it... or die trying.
• Versus Survival Game Mode: Play PvP with Up to 12 Players – Be the Zed! In this game mode, two teams of up to six players take turns, one team playing humans and the other a mixture of specially modified Zeds backed up by AI controlled Zeds. Each match lasts until the human team is defeated or it defeats the boss, at which point the two teams switch sides and the battle continues. After each team has a turn playing both humans and Zeds, they both receive a score based on their performance and the higher score wins!
• Visceral Gore - KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high-powered, persistent blood and gore system bringing new levels of fidelity and brutality. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies.
• Terrifying Zeds – Ranging from the lowly clot to the might of the cybernetically enhanced Patriarch, players will have to deal with a vast array of Zeds trying to kill them using advanced and deadly artificial intelligence. The Zed hordes unleash devastating, coordinated attacks to slaughter the players, pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
• Unique Blend of Weaponry - From modern assault rifles and brutal improvised weapons to historical guns and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of slaughter tools that will satisfy any gamer.
• Expanded Perk System – Players can select from ten different perks, each with its own skills, powers, and weapons, in addition to choosing from among a variety of playable characters with different appearances and personalities. All perks progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones.
• Brutal Melee Combat – Armed with everything from knives to exploding sledgehammers, KILLING FLOOR 2 lets you get up close and personal with your Zed killing. In addition to different weapon options, players have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform. This enables players to deliver bone-breaking overhand strikes, unleash head-popping side slashes, or parry the claws of berserk Zeds.
*Timed Exclusive: First exclusively available for the Xbox versions with content to follow on other platforms at a later date TBD
In KILLING FLOOR 2, players descend into continental Europe after it has been overrun by horrific, murderous clones called Zeds that were created by rogue elements of the Horzine Corporation. The Zed outbreak caused by Horzine’s failed experiments has quickly spread with unstoppable momentum, paralyzing the European Union. Only a month ago, the first Zed outbreak from the original KILLING FLOOR ripped through London; now the Zeds are everywhere. Civilization is in disarray, communication networks have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe are now focused on self-preservation, the lucky few who survived having gone into hiding.
But not all have given up hope; a motley group of civilians, soldiers, and mercenaries have banded together to fight the Zed outbreaks from bases across Europe. When an outbreak is detected, the players are sent into Zed-laden hot zones to exterminate all threats using whatever means necessary. Welcome to the Killing Floor.
KILLING FLOOR 2 is developed and published by Tripwire Interactive and is published at retail by Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive for the Xbox One, Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 Pro, PlayStation®4, and PC. This title has been rated M by the ESRB, PEGI 18, USK 18.
Stay up-to-date with the latest KILLING FLOOR 2 news and information onthe official website:www.killingfloor2.com. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive at any of these online channels: www.tripwireinteractive.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tripwireinteractive, Twitter at https://twitter.com/TripwireInt and on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/tripwireinteractive.
About Tripwire Interactive
Gamers want games that grab their attention and will keep them coming back for more. Tripwire has been producing those types of games since the first Red Orchestra mod that won the "Make Something Unreal" competition in 2004. Since then Tripwire has won numerous Multiplayer and FPS Game of the Year awards from top editorial sites and millions have played a Red Orchestra or Killing Floor game, with an average play time of over 40 hours, per player, per game! Tripwire has published select 3rd party titles (The Ball, Zeno Clash, Dwarfs?!), supported each title with free extra content and taken their brand of winning gaming to console, to continuously expand that base. Tripwire will continue to offer new and exciting gaming experiences both to their millions of fans and to new gamers alike - including Killing Floor 2 for PC and PS4 in 2016, Rising Storm 2:Vietnam for PC and Killing Floor: Incursion for Oculus Touch in 2017 and Killing Floor 2 for Xbox One and Xbox One X in 2017. To find out why millions of gamers spend so much time playing Tripwire games and getting involved with Tripwire's special events for existing games, visit the website at www.tripwireinteractive.com for all the latest news direct from the studio.
Killing Floor©2009-2017 Tripwire Interactive. Killing Floor® is a registered trademark of Tripwire Interactive in the USA and other countries.
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, and the grim post-apocalyptic future of the Metro series. Deep Silver also owns the development studios Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK; Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, and Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 20 years of experience in the digital media business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Kaspersky Labs, NC SOFT, Sega, Square Enix and Tecmo-Koei, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the United States.
All product titles, publisher names, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks, registered trademarks and/or copyright material of the respective owners. All rights reserved.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. Garnering attention with acclaimed releases over recent years, including Killing Floor 2, Endless Space, Endless Legend, StarDrive 2 and Starpoint Gemini 2, the company has an exceptional line-up, including Oriental Empires, Starpoint Gemini Warlords, Conarium and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam – with further promising games in the pipeline.
“Xbox” is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- Killing Floor: Incursion Available Now for PS VR!
- Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Round 2 Modding Contest Winners Announced
- Killing Floor: Incursion - PSVR Release Date Announced!
- Killing Floor 2: Infinite Onslaught Content Pack Available Now!
- Rising Storm 2 - Steam Daily Deal 50% off!
- Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Round 1 Modding Contest Winners Announced